Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2nd Day of my 2nd Term. . .

So in my beginner "Graphic Design" class I had my students write 5 words that best described themselves as designers. Then they are to create idiographs, or simple graphic symbols that visually describe the words they choose. I'm having them reference Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Saki Mafundikwa's book Afrikan Alphabets.
Here are my top 5-fav attributes listed:
5. creative (well, I would hope so, otherwise choose a different profession)
4. patient (yeah, you'll definitely need that when dealing with clients)
3. freely (had to ask the student what this meant, he was trying to say "easy", hmmm maybe easy-going)
2. laborious (LOL, I think he meant he pays attention to detail, meticulous would be a better choice)
1. single (because I guess being married sucks your creativity dry! . . . . hilarious)

1 comment:

  1. AHHH I love it! I just caught up with all the posts I missed...are you speaking vietnamese yet???

    #2 is my favorite one. laborious. that's going in my vocabulary hahaha

    I hope you're doing well my deary :)

    ReplyDelete