Monday, December 19, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . .

Not really.. . . but, It sure feels like it! Did you know they sell Poinsettias in Vietnam!!! Crazy isn't it! I went to my favorite botanical shop in Phu My Hung the other day to buy another one. There's nothing special about this particular shop other than 1. they are friendly and 2. they do not stare at me crazy, like "Who is this dark-skinned girl". And since they know my face, which isn't hard to remember, I just keep going back. They have the dark red variety, white, a hybrid of red and white so they have a pinkish quality, and they also have a rose-like poinsettia variety that looks elegantly posh. So I bought another pinkish type. I'm getting ready for my mother. She'll be here this Friday! I can't believe she's coming, but I'm really excited. I'm excited to have someone to speak English to, I'm excited to see her face once she's gotten off the plane and spent 24+ hours with Asians, I'm excited to show her the city and alll the places I've grown accustomed to and I'm excited to spend quality time with her beach side facing the Sulu Sea. Ballin on a Budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment