Saturday, May 8, 2010

1 Month in, 23 more to go

May 8th, 2010

It has been 1 month since I arrived in Ho Chi Minh City. The strange thing is, I feel like I just got here. It's a weird feeling knowing that my "overseas travel" is no longer a 3-week long college study, but a 2-year long college lecture. And since I'm not here to be a tourist, my days and weeks are not jammed packed with touristy things to do: I get up, go to work, have lunch, work some more, come home, eat dinner, prepare for the next day, go to sleep. Wow, doesn't that sound exciting!!! Of course along the way I see and smell the culture. Pacing myself is key to having a successful Southeast Asian adventure, and key to keeping me sane. I'm taking it all in one day at a time. If I skipped my lectures and saw everything in a month, I'd have nothing left to do but work. However, since this is the reason why I'm here, this blog will focus on my successes and pitfalls as an underdeveloped, overworked, purpose-seeking lecturer of visual communication and as artist of the word, (otherwise known as a graphic designer).

No comments:

Post a Comment